Launching the New Video Series on Karma!
The law of karma is one of the pivotal spiritual truths that underlie the philosophy of Advaita Vedanta, upon whose mighty shoulders the Hindu religion rests. This same law of karma, with some variations, also underlies other great Indian religions of Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism. Even so, most of us Indians, unfortunately possess a very superficial understanding of karma, and because of this we end up harboring all sorts of odd misconceptions about this great law in our minds.
So in this newly launched video series on karma, we shall take a deep dive into understanding the nitty-gritties of karmic law as explained by the great sages of Advaita Vedanta, and try to answer some key questions that often arise in our minds, such as:
- Who keeps watch over all the good and bad deeds that we perform?
- Who judges our deeds?
- How is karmic punishment meted out? Who decides what punishment is appropriate for a given crime?
- Why does it take many life-times for karmic rewards and punishments to be dispensed? Why is justice not immediate?
- Why do good people suffer and the corrupt roam free?
- Are all misfortunes because of past karma? And many more..
So let us begin with the first video of this series which deals with: What is the meaning of the word karma, and what precisely is the law of karma?
Links to Free Books and Articles Referenced in this Video
- Is Watching Pornography a Sin? – Hidden Realities About the Porn Industry
- Karma Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
- “Doctrine of Karma” by Swami Abhedananda (A section from his Complete Works)
- Bhagavad Gita by Swami Sivananda
- Essays in Philosophy & Yoga by Sri Aurobindo (Scroll to see Volume 13)
Give the gift of knowledge! If you enjoyed reading this post about What is the Meaning of Karma? What is the Law of Karma, then take a moment to share it with your friends and family.
If You Liked this Post, I Also Recommend Reading:
Nishkama Karma of the Gita | Help Others, But Don’t Expect Gratitude in Return
Is Sexual Abstinence Old-Fashioned or the Sensible Thing to Do?
Power of Brahmacharya | Swami Vivekananda Memorized 10 Vols. of an Encyclopaedia
VIDEO: Why Hinduism Champions Vegetarianism as an Aid to Samadhi
How to Deal With Insults and Slander? (Part 1)
How to Deal With Bullying and Harassment? (Part 2)
The #1 Secret to a Happy Marriage
Why Should We Be Good, When Being Selfish Is More Rewarding?
The Consciousness Conundrum Facing Science (Part 1 of 4)
The Demise of the “Biblical God of Creation” (Part 2 of 4)
VIDEO: Vedanta on God – Universe Arising from Vibrations of Consciousness (Part 3 of 4)
Does Consciousness Arise from Matter? (Part 4 of 4)
<< Spiritual Bee Home |
Join the Discussion | Share Your Thoughts